the rants and raves of an 'underemployed' actor as he adjusts back to 'real life' for a season...

Monday, June 26, 2006

soooo....this is late....

Happy Storm Days, from Washington DC!
Pathetically, I've been home from NYC now for one week, and have YET to post my fascinating and inspiring pictures to my blog. Well, that time has come. And I think you're going to see from the looks of things that it was a rip-roaring time in the Big Apple. I was joined in the magical city by my friend, Stephanie Felsted...who, if you know her, you know it is NEVER a dull moment when she's around. And then our new friend, Laura Bowman - who is an intern here in the DC area (at the Speakers Bureau, actually) and a friend (and current roommate to) the incomparable DARCI NELSON! (in my profile picture, Darci is on the right...your right. My left. She's a gem.)
And just to answer everyone's question about the Ave Q audition: it was FINE. It was 20 bars of singing, it was in, sing, 'thanks for coming' and out. They didn't stop the world and insist on my taking over immediately...and they didn't boo me out of the room. So I like to report that I fall SOMEWHERE in between those 2. I WILL say that I don't feel like I embarassed myself.
So I have that going for me.
Anyway - GOOD TIMES in the city. Let the pictures prove it!



Laura struggles to pull all her luggage on the bus...for the 36 hours she was going to spend in NYC.

The sights and sounds of Broadway and Time Square....with an appearance by Hoops and Yoyo.
Laura stops to ponder how tired and hot she is.
More fun in the city! Laura claps along with some street dancers. Then she meets Trekkie Monster at the Ave Q Theatre. And then we pose at Radio City Music Hall. duh.
Just randomness....
While the girls shopped at Century 21, I shopped at MAGNOLIA BAKERY, for their incomparable cupcakes!
Hoops and Yoyo were happy they came with ME back to the hotel, instead of stayed out shopping.
Hoops and Yoyo get closer looks and smells of the goods.
The Wedding Singer marquee.

The MASSES outside the Jacobs Theatre, just down from the Wedding Singer theater, trying to get a look at Julia Roberts as she leaves the theater. CRAZY. But pretty reminiscent of our Wonka days.
SPEAKING OF WONKA! Look who I hung out with at the Ave Q audition! And afterwards for lunch!
ANDREW FREAKIN' FRACE!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh let's forget that we hung out for a glorious afternoon. THATS certainly not blog worthy. I hate you, Andrew Frace.

8:27 PM

 
Blogger MAnderson said...

My BAD! Eric hung out, ate pizza with us and watched Extreme Home Makeover in our hotel. And I apologize for not reporting that.
It was magic, Eric. EVERY minute of it.

10:31 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, now I'm missing the east coast. Somebody offer me a kickass job so I can come back. Sorry about the not driving up to Simi Valley for boneless buffalo wings thing. I'll be making an appearance in DC, possibly this weekend.

9:48 AM

 
Blogger MAnderson said...

Feels pretty RAD to hide behind the "ANONYMOUS" button doesn't it? Well, I don't know too much but I know this, "anonymous poster", your name is either Jamie Neidig or your name is Nicole Lind. Regardless of which of you is posting on here, I have one message for you: STOP. You take this up with Brandon and Stephanie and the police if you want. But stop posting anything on here, or I will bust that "anonymous" hiding place WIDE open and I will get my attorney involved and I will find every way possible to slap you with a harassment suit or any other suit that fits the bill...and you won't be able to hide from that. I have nothing to do with this ridiculous situation you are all in, and I will be DAMNED if I am dragged into it. Grow up. Handle your shit. And leave me alone.

10:08 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home