the rants and raves of an 'underemployed' actor as he adjusts back to 'real life' for a season...

Thursday, June 01, 2006

News To Me

So I woke up this morning, started getting ready to head to my job as 'seasonal employee' (as previously discussed), and decided to turn on the TV. No SOONER did I flip the channels to get my daily fix of the TODAY SHOW then I saw that there was NO KATIE COURIC. WHA? And not only was she not THERE, but she was GONE. FOR GOOD! WHAT THE...........? I was beside myself.
I came to work, a little discombobulated naturally, and decided to do a little bit of research. Network stars like Katie can't just up and LEAVE a network and not TELL anyone! I mean you think we would've HEARD something about her leaving! I did a little bit of digging, and rumor has it, according to the limited stuff I could find, that she left for CBS. She's going to be doing the Nightly News there. I KNOW! It's a shock to me, too, people!
As I searched around for information, I found a few pictures that NBC had taken of Katie's final few moments around the office. I would've expected a lot of pomp and circumstance, but it really was a very low-key event with few bells and even fewer whistles. We were LUCKY that someone at NBC had the idea to even bring a camera and snap some STELLAR photos. (Probably a disposable someone had sitting around on their desk...)
So here are the photos I could find of Katie's departure, that, to me, seemed to be titled: "Katie Kisses NBC Goodbye...A Little Awkwardly". And after seeing the pictures, I have to admit, I'm kind of glad I missed the last show. I don't feel too good looking at the pics.
But I will miss you, Katie Couric. Losing you has been hard...you have been my rock in the mornings...and my reason for waking. And now TODAY will always seem like yesterday.



Someone in this picture is thinking "PUCKER UP!" and someone is thinking, "must.......not......lead.....him..........on"
hmmmm....so are they going to kiss or rub noses? I'm voting for the latter....
Matt Lauer says, "Don't let me get in your way, ladies. Let me just slide outta here......"
Um.....HONESTLY! Who was in charge of taking these pictures? They need to be fired.
* * * * *

P.S. Did I also mention that I pretty much can't stand Katie Couric? Because I can't. And this all works out PERFECTLY in my evil little plan of life...because I also can't really stand CBS. So now not ONLY will I NOT be watching CBS, but I will NOT be having to watch Perky von Chipperstein, either. The above piece was written with a big slice of sarcasm pie. Please make a note of it.



7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

But it WOULD have been cool to see her make out with the asian chick.

8:09 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Matt...hysterical...however this is the first time you have ever dissapointed Mom Sizemore...she loves Katie...hahahaha...maybe i can take over for katie...oh wait i might need some more hair.

Risto

12:36 PM

 
Blogger Nate and Sina said...

Did you not listen to the radio while you were in the green van? Or did I miss the sarcasm in the "newsflash"? I too will join the I hate Katie club, but I don't watch morning tv or CBS news, so...

10:18 PM

 
Blogger Janiqua Rapaj said...

Matty - I absolutely love Katie Couric! I was so sad that I couldn't watch the whole farewell show last week. They did a lot of flashbacks . . . thanks for the memories Katie. I'm not sure I can handle watching "the view" lady every morning though. Sometimes I'm glad I work so I can't watch daytime tv. I'll miss you Katie!

11:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»

9:14 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

10:18 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»

1:46 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home