the rants and raves of an 'underemployed' actor as he adjusts back to 'real life' for a season...

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Here's Something Crazy...


So I got home...I'm trying to figure out what to do with myself...and the next thing I know it, I'm back at the good ol' Washington Speakers Bureau. WHAT THE....? I know...it's weird to me, too. I am back as what we like to call 'Seasonal Help'...which means I'm here hanging up Memorial Day Decorations. (for those who believed me...there really IS no such thing as memorial day decorations. I made that up.)
Upon my return to the WSB, I gained a new title called "RECEPTIONIST". I answer phones. I route those calls that I answered to other people. I do all of this in my sultry phone voice. It's pretty hot. I only know this because numerous people who have called the speakers bureau to book a speaker have commented on how sultry it is. (for those who believed me...there really IS no such thing as memorial day decorations....)
Since I have now been here for almost 8 hours total (4 yesterday, 4 today), I have had a few thoughts that I felt needed to be shared. I will share them with you now.

1. I have NO IDEA how I used to sit at a desk in an office for 8-10 hours a day! SERIOUSLY! And I liked my job and everything when I was at the desk...in the office. But I'm telling you what. Once you get used to doing TWO one-hour shows a day, it's tough to go back to anything more.

2. There is NO swimming pool here. For some reason, I remembered one. Or maybe I just wanted to remember one.

3. EVIDENTLY, although I wanted one, I will not be getting a per diem. I thought for sure a season employee would be first in line for a hefty per diem. THINK AGAIN, is what they said to me.

4. It's almost time for lunch, and I want to go get something to eat...and my dilemma is that I don't want to call all 87 employees at the WSB to use the van. Should I order out? Or just get stuff from the vending machines down the hall here from my hotel room...wait a minute....
*
That's it for now. Phones ringing...and decorations need hung!
Ciao!
NG

Um...this is from the WSB website. I'm pretty sure HALF these people are gone. I'm in there somewhere. left side of the pic. Kneeling in front of the back row. Girl in red tank-top-type thing on, sitting on my knee. 'GIRL' is named Christine Shainin. She's a ROCK STAR!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»

10:18 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»

1:46 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home