the rants and raves of an 'underemployed' actor as he adjusts back to 'real life' for a season...

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Back from the Big Apple

So I'm sure you'll be happy to know I made it home from the Big Apple safe and sound. I took a bunch of pictures...but haven't had a chance to load them yet...so that will have to come later. BUT - I wanted to share a little video clip of a show I saw up in NYC called 'The Wedding Singer'. It's a musical based on the movie by the same now.





I had no expectations from the show going in. I knew I liked the opening number that I saw on the Tony Awards, and I knew that it didn't win anything at the Tony's. Other than that, I had the soundtrack and was entertained by it. But I came out of it having had a great time, and completely obsessed with the music. So...I've got that going for me. But seriously, it was just FUN. Sure they probably pushed the 80's references to the extreme...and sure the book isn't the most amazing writing...and ok, it's all pretty cliche....but HONESTLY - I had fun. I will admit it! The choreography was ridiculously fun, the costumes were spot-on, and that Stephen Lynch can SING. There were definitely things I wasn't crazy about...but overall, on the MASE, I gave it an 8.5 for entertaining me from beginning to end, and for the cast bringing SO MUCH ENERGY to the stage for a Sunday matinee.

I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a fun trip to the theater. For people looking to be bored for anywhere from $60-$100, check out Sweeney Todd. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home