the rants and raves of an 'underemployed' actor as he adjusts back to 'real life' for a season...

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Sitting in Atlanta...

First of all, where did the summer go? SERIOUSLY friends, I feel like it was 2 or 3 days ago that I finished posting all my pictures from my trip out West. Now I look at the dates, and it says it was July 17th? IMPOSSIBLE! And yet.....

So now look at the date....today is August 10th, and I am sitting in the A Concourse of the Atlanta Airport. I am heading home to DC to get my life in order for WONKA rehearsals to start on Monday, August 14th. Year 2, which seemed a world away on May 21st when we ended in Pennsylvania, has crept up on us and is ready to POUNCE into action. And the exciting thing is that I'm READY for it to pounce. Let's HIT IT, people.

I've been in Atlanta visiting my friends, The Gonzalez Family, and just relaxing before I head into rehearsals and back on the road. The greatest part about this trip is how seemless all the travel has been. My flights down, one week ago, were on time, no troubles, everything ran smoothly. And tonight, my flights home, look to be the same. GRANTED - I am flying the same day of the big TERRORIST SCARE the Brits foiled (thanks, Brits!), with the plan being that people would use liquids and gels and iPods to blow planes up...beware of the Loreal...but even THEN, I got to the airport 4 hours early, to get through security, and was checked in and through security within 15 minutes of entering the airport. I don't know how - and I'm not going to question why. For those of you who know my 'travel history', it's not a pretty one...so a trip full of blessing like this one is NOT to be questioned.

So that's about it. My last posting here is going to be a photo-journal entry of 'The Rest Of My Summer'. And it's going to be good. I will work on it this weekend so you can have it for the new week....and then....gear up for the fun! It's back to GoGloop to follow our new band of misfits around again, spreading the gospel of Dahl and the magic of Wonka.

Now it's off to gate A-3, to make sure my Flight of Blessings is moving right along. And if, for some reason, it turns out NOT to be a flight of blessings, atleast you have these...my final profound words to find comfort in. Whatever that means....

Later friends!
G

1 Comments:

Blogger Denisa Baltazar said...

Hi!!!
Beautiful pictures!
Your blog is very good!
Have a good weekend!!
Kisses for Nisa( Brazil)!!

6:07 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home